Bottle Gourd/Calabash/Suraikai/Lauki Sambar:
Sambar is traditional South Indian Reipe, made with lentils and vegetable, just like a stew. Served for breakfast with dosa/dosai, Idli and vada/vadai and also served with rice for lunch.
Bottle Gourd is very healthy vegetable contains several benefits which is also known as Calabash/Suraikai/Lauki .
The taste of this sambhar/sambar is ultimate and healthy for us.
- 1 Cup Tuavaram paruppu/Yellow Split Peas/Toor Dal
- 1 Medium Size Gourd/Calabash/Suraikai/Lauki
- 1 Medium Size Tomato
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 4-5 tsp. Sambar Powder/to taste
- 3-4 Garlic Pods
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp. Caraway Seeds
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1-2 Dry Red Chillies
- Salt to Taste
- You can also use split green gram skinless instead.
- Add tamarind juice for better taste()Since it is a quick version.
Hope you like it..! Try it and post your valuable comments and you can send your cooking final product picture to email@example.com.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com/fb@Suba’s Kitchen