Mattar Paneer is a vegetarian north Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. It is often served with chapathi, pulao, paratha, roti and poori. It also served with plain basmati rice. I am very happy to share this recipe. Hope you like it..!
- 2 Medium Size Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 1 cup Fresh/Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Paneer/Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tbs. Splited Cashew Nuts (Optional)
- 1 tbs. Butter or to taste (Keep it in a room temperature)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 and 1/2 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- Red Chilli Powder to taste
- Pinch of Garam Masala Powder
Ingredients in Picture for your Guidence
1. To add more rice creamy flavor to your mattar paneer dish, add cream or lukewarm milk at the end(adding cream is not healthy, you can add for any occasions like Parties or get together to impress your guests ).
2. You can also add red food color if you want . ( you can add it for any occasions like Parties or get together to impress your guests )
3. You can also fry the paneer in the oil/ghee before you add them to the gravy which gives a nice brown coat on top the paneer; and which also give nice look to our dish.
4. You can substitute Tofu with Paneer.
Video of Mattar Paneer in Tamil with English Subtitle: