Madurai Style Salna (both chicken and vegetable):
Madurai Style Salna recipe is very simple and tasty..! goes really well with paratha, chapathi, dosa and idlis..!
Ingredients for chicken salna:
|Ingredients:1 medium size onion roughly chopped1/3 cup of crushed mint leaves6-8 green chilies1/3 cup of cilantro finely chopped12 curry leaves5 cashews1tsp. cumin seeds1tsp. fennel seeds1tsp. turmeric powder
Whole garam masala(3 cloves,2 cinnamon sticks,2 cardamom,2 bay leaves)
1. Start by adding 1tsp. of oil in a fry pan followed by cumin seeds, fennel seeds, whole garam masala, cashews and fry until it turns into golden brown.
2. Add chopped onion, green chilies, turmeric powder and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add mint leaves, cilantro and cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Transfer this mixture into the blender and blend finely.
5. Keep it aside.
|Ingredients:1 medium onion finely chopped–10 small pieces of chicken(with bone)1 medium tomato finely chopped1tbs. cilantro finely chopped2tsp. ginger garlic paste1tsp. cumin seeds1 tsp. coriander powder½ tsp. turmeric powder½ tsp. red chili powder
½ tsp. cumin powder
½ tsp. garam masala powder(optional)
1. Start by adding 1tsp. of oil in a fry pan followed by cumin seeds, chopped onion,chicken, turmeric powder and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Then add ginger garlic paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato and wait till it gets saucy.
4. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
5. Start pouring grinded mixture.
6. Cook until its starts thickening and see till the oil oozing out. (Add little water at a time to prevent burning.)
If you don’t want the chicken, just skip the steps in blue font.(Replace the chicken with mashed potatoes and green peas).
Madurai Style Salna (both chicken and vegetable) (Tamil) HD:
Madurai Style Salna (both chicken and vegetable) (English) HD: