Homemade Chicken Soup:
Chicken soup is really good for health, especially for one who is suffered from cold and cough. Here am sharing South Indian style chicken soup.
1 Full Baby Chicken (with bones) finely Chopped
1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
Few Curry Leaves
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
2 tbs. Sesame Oil
1 Medium Size Onion (Blended Smoothly in Blender)
1 Green Chili Chopped Straight
1 tsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
½ tsp. Coriander Powder
½ tsp. Red Chili Powder
½ tsp. Black Pepper Powder
Little Cumin Powder (less than ½ tsp.)
Salt to Taste
- In the cooker, add sesame oil; followed by cumin seeds, green chili, onion, curry leaves and cook until the raw smell goes out.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 min; then add the chicken and required salt.
- Then after 2-3 minutes add all the masala powder and mix well.
- Then add 1 and ½ cup of water and mix well (cooker capacity may varies from one to another; so be careful in adding water; it’s always better to add less water; once the cooker whistling is done then add more water before serving).
- After pressure cooker whistle for 3 times turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Once done and it’s ready to serve.
- Chicken soup goes really well with idli, dosa and rice.
For toddlers serve the soup with dosa, or idli or rice or as it as. But for 12 month babies serve the soup with mashed rice; don’t forget to less the spicy masala taste for babies; in the above ingredients just skip all the masala powder except the pepper powder and turmeric powder, in order to prepare soup for babies. To prepare soup for grownups just increase all masala powder ratio from ½ tsp. to 1 or 2 tsp. as per your taste and spicy. Always add enough salt and water to the soup. Thanks .