Instant Rava Dosai/Semolina Dosa:
Rava Dosai is very simple and easy; no need to wait for fermentation; just make the batter and that’s it; you are ready to prepare dosa/ dosai.
1 tsp. Oil
½ cup Finely Chopped Onion (half of the Medium Size Onion)
To make Rawa dosa batter/Rawai Dosai batter:
- 1 cup Semolina/ Ravai/ Rava
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tbs. Salt/ to taste
- ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds/Caraway Seeds/ Jeeragam
- ½ tsp. Grounded Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Asafetida
- 2 cup water (it must be little watery; if needed add)
Mix all the above said ingredients very well until smooth (no lumps) and keep it aside.
- In the frying pan; add oil, chopped onion and little salt and fry onion until it turns into golden brown.
- Add the fried onion into the rava dosa batter and mix very well.
- Once the dosa pan is ready; start making the dosa .
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambhar.
- If you have griddle/ big dosa pan; then you can try sprinkling dosa batter using hand on the griddle/ dosa pan to make a best and crispy dosa .
- But I don’t like sprinkling dosa batter method because it is kind of messy job; so I simple followed the normal method ; for this method, the dosa batter must be more watery than the normal method.
- Adding fried onion is optional; it is OK to add onion as it is but i always like to add fried onions to my dosa.
Instant Rava Dosai/Semolina Dosa video in Tamil:
Instant Rava Dosai/Semolina Dosa video in English: