Green Peas and Tofu Masala/Matar Tofu (Quick Version):
Matar tofu is the popular North Indian dish, there are so many ways to do this recipe; here am going to show you quick version; very easy to cook and very tasty too; here I used tofu instead of paneer; if you want to add paneer, feel free to replace paneer instead of totu; Thank You
Tofu Small Pack (any type)
1 Medium size Onion
2 tsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
½ tsp. cumin Seeds
½ cup Milk/ water/cream
Few Drops Lemon juice
To Make a Tomato Masala Paste:
- 2 tbs. Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- ½ tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp. Tomato Ketchup
- 4 tbs. Curd (Optional)
- 1 tsp. Salt
Mix all the above ingredients very well and keep it aside.
- In the frying pan; add about 1 tbs. oil and then add cumin seeds followed by chopped onion; fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and fry for 3 minutes; then add the tomato masala paste.
- Then cook for 4 to 5 minutes; once the oil starts oozing out, it’s time to add chopped tofu and salt.
- Once the tofu is cooked, turn off the heat and add milk/cream/water.
- Serve hot with naan/chapathi/veg. pulao.
Sprinkle few lemon drops on top of the tofu masala while serving (optional)