Ridge Gourd Skin Chutney:
1 big Ridge Gourd Skin (Clean the skin completely)
2 Medium Green Chilies
1 tsp. Tamarind Paste (you can use the fresh tamarind)
Salt to Taste
1 Medium Garlic
1 tsp. Split Chick Peas
1 tsp. Split white Lentils/ Ulutham Paruppu/ Urad Dal
1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
1 tsp. Split White Lentils/ Ulutham Paruppu/ Urad Dal
1 Red Chili
5 Curry Leaves
1 tsp. Oil
- In a pan, start roasting split white lentils, split chick peas, garlic until golden color; keep aside.
- Then stir fry the ridge gourd skin for about 2 minutes; keep aside.
- In the Blender; add all the roasted items, ridge gourd skin, tamarind paste, green chilies and salt.
- Grind them until fine paste; then in the same pan; add 1 tsp. of oil and put all the seasoning items; one the mustard seeds are popped; pour it on top of the chutney.
- Serve with any dosa or Idli.