Ridge Gourd Side Dish:
Easy to make and Healthy to eat…! try it out and post your comments; there are different months in cooking the same dishes; trying to post all of them soon; Thanks .
Small Ridge Gourd Finely chopped
1 tsp. Oil
1 tsp. Tamarind Paste (you can also use fresh one)
Salt to Taste
1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
1 tsp. White Lentils
4 Curry Leaves
½ tsp. Caraway Seeds
1 Red Chili
2 Green Chilies
2 tsp. Coconut (Fresh/ Frozen)
1 tsp. Caraway Seeds
1 Medium Size Garlic
8 Curry Leaves
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- In a cooking pan, add oil followed by mustard seeds, white lentils, curry leaves, red chili and caraway seeds; then add the chopped ridge gourd.
- Add water, tamarind, salt and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes; always add very little water; because ridge gourd is rich in water.
- Then add the grind spice mixture and add salt; mix well.
- Turn off the heat once it is cooked; ridge gourd usually cook faster about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambhar rice, rasam rice or garlic curry (Poondu Kulambu).
- Chop the ridge gourd almost evenly (same size), so that it will cook faster.
- Don’t over cook.