Samosa Using Readymade Pastry (Square Shape):
Samosa is one of the best snack; this is very popular North Indian snack and very easy to make…! here i used the square shape ready made pastry; easy step by step method to make simple potato fillings for mini samosas..! i like to know your opinion about this recipes as always; thanks
Samosa Pastry (I used Square shape pastry)
Flour Paste to Seal the Edges of Samosas:
2 tbs. All-Purpose-Flour
1 tbs. Water and few drops if required
- Always add water little by little.
- You can also use Beaten Egg White to seal the samosa edges.
Ingredients for Potato Fillings:
2 Medium Potatoes (cooked and mashed roughly)
1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
1 tsp. Coriander Powder
½ tsp. Caraway Seeds Powder
½ Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
7 Curry Leaves
1 tsp. Fennel Seeds or 1 tsp. Caraway Seeds
1 and ½ tsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
Salt to Taste
1 tbs. Oil
½ cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- Keep the ready made pastry in room temperature before 30 minutes; cover it with damn cloth.
- In the mixing bowl, add the cooked potato, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, caraway seeds powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste; mix well and keep it aside.
- In the cooking pan, add oil followed by either fennel seeds or caraway seeds, curry leaves and then add the potato mixture and cook in the medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes until the raw smell came off.
- Add the chopped coriander and cook for another 2 minutes; turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Then start filling the samosa; first: take 2 samosa sheets; fold the corner edge inwards and apply flour paste and fold the adjacent edge; seal the both edges.
- Fill the potato curry into the cone and then apply the flour paste all over the remaining area.
- Fold them and make a thin width and bring the cone on top of that and seal all the edges.
- Repeat this for all the samosas and once done; start frying them in a medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve hot with any chutney .
- Don’t mash the potato too much; we need some potato chunks.
- Make sure the samosa is sealed completely to have safe frying time.