Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
I Tried many carrot cake recipes; but is one is my best; am very happy to share this recipe to everyone like you; try it and enjoy
Ingredients for Cake:
1 and ¼ Cups Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Backing Soda
2 tsp. Backing Powder
½ tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
3 Cups Grated Carrots (about 6 to 8 Carrots)
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
4 tbs. Dried Cranberries
Ingredients for Frosting:
Cream Cheese (8.oz Pack)
1 Stick Unsalted Butter
2 Cups of Confectioners’ Sugar/ Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Juice of 1 Carrot
½ Cup Grated Carrot
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F; Grease and flour a backing pan (9×13 inch pan).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla extract using the electric hand mixer; until it’s blends well; keep aside.
- Take another mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, backing powder, salt, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg using a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well using electric hand mixer.
- Once it’s mixed very well, now it’s time to start grating the carrots.
- Add the grated carrots and chopped pecans into the cake mixture.
- Pour into greased backing pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out into a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and carrot juice and start blending it using the electric hand mixer until it is creamy.
- Keep the stick butter and cream cheese in a room temperature for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Adding juice of carrot gives you very nice natural color.
- Organic foods are very good for health, so I used organic carrots, organic butter, milk, cheese, organic eggs, organic vanilla extract, organic unbleached all-purpose-flour, organic pecans, organic sugar and sea salt.
- Health carrot cake for everyone; try them and enjoy .