Basic Sambar Powder (Homemade):
Delicious homemade sambar powder recipe…! Just For You…!!
- 3 tbs. Coriander Seeds
- 8 Number dried Red chili (“5”- if big)
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper / Milagu
- 1 tsp. Caraway Seeds/ Jeerakam/Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp. Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/3 cup. Coconut (Fresh/ shredded frozen)
- 4 tsp. Split Yellow Chickpeas/Kadalai Paruppu/Chana Dal
- 2 tsp. split Green Gram (yellow color)
- 3 to 4 Strings Curry Leaves
- 3 Cloves
- Little Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Cardamom
Fry all the above ingredients, until the raw smell coming off/ until golden brown; then let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes;
Then grind all the roasted items into the blender and make a fine powder; keep aside.
- Roast the coconut and curry leaves together and then roast all the other items one at a time.
- Once the masala is cool down; Transfer it into the glass storage container; So that the masala will stay fresh; if you want, keep it in the refrigerator.
- If you want add 2 tsp. turmeric powder into the grinded item and mix well.