Basic Chettinad Masala (Homemade):
Flavorful Chettinad Masala Recipe; with this same masala as a basic, we can do more delicious recipes like Chattinad Chicken, Potato Fry and Veggie Masala….!! Try It Out…! I always like to know your precious opinion..! Thanks You!
2 tsp. Black Pepper/ Milagu
Dry Red Chili 10
3 tbs. Coriander Seeds
7 to 8 Curry Leaves Strings
1 tsp. Caraway Seeds/Jeeragam/Cumin Seeds
1 and ½ tbs. Coconut (Fresh/ Frozen shredded)
Whole Garam Masala:
- 2 tsp. Fennel Seeds
- Cinnamon Sticks 2 whole
- 6 Cloves
- 6 Cardamoms
- 2 Bay Leaves (Optional, you can also add while season the gravy)
- Start roasting all the above items one by one and cool them for about 5 minutes; Then grind them into the blender (you can add little water, while grinding).
- Keep them into the freezer; 2 tsp. is more than enough to make a single dish.
- We can do the following Dishes using this basic masala: chettinad chicken and veggie masala.
- Be careful while frying the whole garam masala; because they may burn and we don’t want the burning smell in our masala.
- Roast the coconut and curry leaves together and all the other items separately.
- Roast until raw smell coming off.
Video Recipe for Homemade Chettinad Masala: