Karuppatti Paniyaram/Sweet Paniyaram:
To make paniyaram batter:
1 cup Idli rice
1/2 cup sona masoori rice
2 tsp. fenugreek seeds
½ tsp. Urad dal
Salt to taste
To Make Jaggery syrup:
¾ cup jaggery powder / 12 jaggery cubes (you can use white/brown jaggery, both goes very well)
Pinch of cardamom
1 cup Water
- Soaked the idli rice, sona masoori, fenugreek seeds and urad dal together for about 5 to 6 hours.
- Then add the soaked items in a mixer grinder/blender grind them finely.
- Transfer them into the bowl, add salt and allow it for fermentation.
- To make jaggery add water and jaggery and let it boil until the jaggery dissolves.
- Turn off once the mixture reaches the syrup stage.
- Add the syrup (use filter) into the paniyaram batter and mix well.
- Coat the paniyaram maker with oil spray and then start filling paniyaram batter into each hole and once it is cooked flip it off.
- Be careful while flipping it and serve hot and enjoy.
- For Fermentation, if you are staying in India like temperature then allow it to sit for 7 to 8 hours.
- If u r staying in very cold temperature, then pre heat the oven to 200 degree (don’t forget to turn it off) and after 10 minutes keep the paniyaram batter into the oven and let it sit for whole night.
Paniyaram Recipe in English:
Paniyaram Recipe in Tamil: