Spaghetti and Eggplant Parmesan:
1 tsp. Dried parsley
1 tsp. Dried basil leaves
1 tsp. Black pepper
Salt to taste
2 tbs. Olive oil
1 medium Eggplant, peeled and sliced into ½ inch rounds
Parmesan cheese for garnish
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
4 tbs. Mayonnaise/ 2 Eggs (Optional, I skipped this because I like to have plain eggplant)
Pasta sauce 1 jar
- Cook the spaghetti until tender.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degree.
- Dip all the sliced eggplant (one by one) into olive oil and then coat them with bread crumbs.
- Place the slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 min.
- In a backing dish add about 1 cup of pasta sauce and place the backed eggplant on top of the sauce.
- Then sprinkle 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese followed by 2 & ½ tbp.parmesan cheese.
- Repeat above step 7 to make 2 more layers.
- Finish with the cheeses on top and sprinkle ½ tsp. of basil on the top.
- Bake it for about 35 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Serve hot with spaghetti and enjoy.
Once the Spaghetti is cooked fry them in a olive oil along with all the herbs (black pepper, basil and parsley) , adding herbs to the spaghetti will give u very nice flavor to the dish.