Kesari or Sooji/Semolina Halwa:
½ cup Sooji/Rawa/Semolina (you also can use roasted semolina, so that you can skip the step 1)
1 cup sugar
3 tbs. Ghee
7 Cashew nuts
3 Pinch of saffron
1 and ½ cup of Water
Salt to taste
- In a pan start by roasting rawa/semolina/sooji for about 3 to 4 minutes in a medium heat and keep it aside.
- Add ghee in a pan and start frying cashew nuts until it turns into nice golden brown.
- Then add the water followed by saffron, salt and sugar.
- Bring the water into boil and then slowly add the rawa/sooji/semolina.
- Be careful and keep stirring the pan while adding rawa.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
You can use orange food color for this recipe but I mostly prefer saffron, it gives very nice aroma and I like it .
Video Recipe for Kesari in Tamil with Eng Sub: