Homemade Focaccia Bread:
Ingredients to make focaccia bread:
2/3 cup lukewarm water
2 tbs. Olive oil (more for brushing)
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Dried Basil leaves
1 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp. Black Pepper
Dough Making using Bread Machine:
- Add the water, 2 tsp. of olive oil, flour, salt, basil, and yeast in the bread machine as per the order recommended by your bread machine.
- Select the dough cycle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- Remove the dough from the bread machine pan and place it on a lightly greased baking sheet or pizza pan ().
- With fingertips, make a deep indentations over the dough and brush with olive oil on the top.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground or cracked black pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Brush with a little more olive oil before serving.
Circle shape about ¾ inch thick is recommended, otherwise you can use your own shape but make sure the dough must be at least ¾ inch thick because we have to cut them half
Ingredients to make focaccia bread sandwich:
1 eggplant, sliced into strips
2 red bell peppers
1 tsp. Olive oil
8 count Button Mushrooms/White Mushrooms
3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Start by adding little oil (you can also use oil spray) in a non-stick dosa pan/fry pan followed by eggplant and fry for 3 to 4 minutes and keep it aside (you can add salt and pepper while frying).
- Similarly fry the red pepper and mushrooms separately and set aside to cool.
- Stir crushed garlic into mayonnaise and slice focaccia in half lengthwise.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on one halves and start arranging the cooked veggies on focaccia.
- Then wrap sandwich using plastic wrap and place a cutting board on top of it and weight it down with some heavy bag (I used rice bag).
- Allow sandwich to sit for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
- Slice them and enjoy with any soup.
- If you don’t like to use mayonnaise, add the crushed garlic along with any one of the veggies while frying and mix it well.
- If you don’t have bread machine, it is ok to use your hand to make a bread dough but make sure the dough must be very fine like chapatti dough.